Provencal Roasted Tomatoes
Tomatoes will hold up very well for up to two days when stored in the refrigerator; serve as a sandwich filling or pasta topping.
- 12 plum tomatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fit a wire rack into a rimmed baking sheet. Slice each tomato lengthwise into four 1/2-inch slices. Place on wire rack.
In a small bowl, mix garlic, thyme, and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Divide evenly among tomato slices, spooning about 1/2 teaspoon on each. Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes. Roast until herb mixture is lightly browned and tomato skins are wrinkled, about 1 hour.Transfer baking sheet to a wire rack to cool. Serve.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, July