Note: The egg in this recipe is not cooked. It should not be prepared for pregnant women, babies, young children, the elderly, or anyone whose health is compromised.
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Process garlic, salt, egg, parsley, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a food processor until combined. With machine running, gradually add remaining olive oil and the canola oil, drop by drop at first and then in a slow, steady stream, until emulsified. Stir in lemon juice. Serve at room temperature; do not leave unrefrigerated longer than 1 hour. Allioli can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 2 days.