Tomatoes with Oregano and Lime
This recipe calls for lime juice -- rather than lemon juice or vinegar -- to brighten the sweet flavor of summer tomatoes. We used heirloom varieties for their exceptional taste and vivid colors, but you can use any kind or size -- from the farmers' market or your own backyard -- as long as they are ripe.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2004
- 1 1/4 pounds assorted ripe tomatoes in all sizes, cut into wedges if large or halved if small
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano
Arrange tomatoes on a serving platter; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and lime juice; sprinkle with oregano.