Under 30 Minutes
Cold Soba-Noodle Salad with Chicken, Peppers, and Cucumber
Can't stand the heat? Let someone else roast the chicken, then combine it with quick-cooking noodles, raw veggies, and a stir-together sauce.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 ounces soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges, for serving
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded (about 4 cups)
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles until al dente; drain, and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together oils, lime juice, and vinegar; season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
Add bell peppers, basil, cucumber, chicken, and noodles to bowl; toss with dressing. Serve noodle salad with lime wedges.