Potatoes, Leeks, and Carrots in Parchment
When cooking in parchment, choose vegetables with similar cooking times so they'll be ready all at once. Feel free to add fresh herbs or lemon, orange, or lime zest for added flavor.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2010
- 3/4 pound small new potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 2 medium leeks (white parts only), halved lengthwise, rinsed well, and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound small carrots, halved crosswise if long, or large carrots, cut into thin 3-inch sticks
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (optional), cut into small pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place potatoes, leeks, carrots, thyme, and butter (if using) in center of a 24-inch-long piece of parchment. Season with salt and pepper. Fold into a twist or envelope shape.
Place packet on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until packet is puffed up and potatoes are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.