Mexican Cod and Potato Stew
This hearty one-dish meal is ready in minutes. Serve it on its own or with a green salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2006
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 pound red new potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound skinless cod fillet, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, corn, cumin, and chopped cilantro; set aside.
In a 2-quart microwave-safe dish with a lid, combine potatoes, shallots, and oil. Season with salt and pepper; spread in an even layer. Cover; microwave on high for 6 minutes.
Place cod in a single layer around the edge of the dish, on top of potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon tomato mixture in the center. Microwave on high until cod is cooked through and potatoes are tender, 9 to 10 minutes. Gently stir to combine; garnish with cilantro leaves.