Spicy Tomato Juice
Chopped tomatoes come in vacuum-packed boxes.
- 3 stalks of celery, leaves attached
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 red chile peppers, for garnish (optional)
Place celery in a juice extractor; process, extracting about 1/2 cup juice. Transfer to bowl of a food processor or jar of a blender.
Add chopped tomatoes, jalapeno, lemon juice, celery seed, black pepper, and salt. Process until fairly smooth, with some texture remaining. Garnish with chile peppers, and serve over ice, if desired.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, December/January 1998/1999