Spicy Tomato Juice
When you want a Bloody Mary kick, but can do without the vodka.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1998/1999
- 3 stalks of celery, leaves attached
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 red chile peppers, for garnish (optional)
Place celery in a juice extractor; process, extracting about 1/2 cup juice. Transfer to bowl of a food processor or jar of a blender.
Add chopped tomatoes, jalapeno, lemon juice, celery seed, black pepper, and salt. Process until fairly smooth, with some texture remaining. Garnish with chile peppers, and serve over ice, if desired.