Minted Peach and Tomato Salad
This salad was inspired by the goodness of these two fruits, both at their peak in late summer.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large peaches, (about 1 1/2 pound)
- 3 large red tomatoes, (about 2 pounds)
- 3 large yellow tomatoes, (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, (about 10 ounces)
- 2 small inner celery stalks, peeled to remove strings and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cups fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl; set vinaigrette aside.
Halve and pit peaches. Cut halves into quarters. Remove core from stem end of large tomatoes; slice into 1/2-inch rounds.
Arrange peaches, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and celery on a serving plate. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Coarsely chop mint leaves; add to vinaigrette. Pour over salad, and garnish with mint sprigs.