Spring Green Salad
Enjoy this salad -- with or without our Soy-Glazed Flank Steak.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2009
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed, strings removed
- 5 ounces (6 cups) mixed salad greens
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, large leaves torn
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Prepare an ice-water bath. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add sugar snap peas, and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain, and transfer to ice-water bath. Drain again.
Toss peas, greens, scallions, zucchini, and basil in a large bowl. Whisk together vinegar, oil, lemon juice, ginger, honey, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Toss to coat, and serve immediately.