Baked Chicken with Onions, Potatoes, Garlic, and Thyme
In this one-pan dinner, lemon, garlic, and fresh thyme infuse the chicken and potatoes as they roast.
- 1 whole chicken (3 to 3 1/2 pounds), cut into 8 pieces and breasts halved crosswise
- 1 pound white new potatoes, halved (quartered if large)
- 1 large red onion, cut into eighths
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and left unpeeled
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange chicken, potatoes, onion, garlic, thyme, and lemon in a 12-by-16-inch roasting pan. Whisk together oil and vinegar and drizzle over chicken and vegetables. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper. Turn chicken skin side up. Roast until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 50 minutes.
SourceEveryday Food, October 2009