Mixed Greens with Mango Vinaigrette
You will have extra dressing for this salad. It will keep for a couple of days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- 1 ripe mango
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces Boston lettuce, 1 small head
- 4 ounces frisee
- 1 Kirby cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds
Make the vinaigrette: Peel the mango, and slice sides away from pit; use a paring knife to remove the peel. Slice one side into 1/8-inch-thick slices, and reserve. Chop remaining half, place in blender with lemon juice, and puree until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl, and whisk in olive oil. Add red-pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper.
Combine lettuce, frisee, mango slices, and cucumber slices in a large bowl, and toss to combine. Toss with a few spoonfuls of mango vinaigrette.