Lemon Shrimp with Rice
This delicious and fuss-free recipe requires only 10 minutes of prep and requires only one dish, making cleanup a breeze.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, October 2008
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges and seeded
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe dish with a lid, combine rice, wine, oil, garlic, red-pepper flakes, and 2 cups water; season with salt and pepper.
Cover, and microwave on high until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 20 minutes, stirring twice during cooking.
Stir in shrimp and lemon wedges; cover, and microwave 3 minutes more. Let stand, covered, until shrimp are opaque throughout, 2 minutes. Stir in parsley; serve immediately.