Savory Cranberry Jelly
Cranberry sauce is a regular on Thanksgiving tables. This recipe offers a savory twist on the traditional turkey topper.
- Servings: 12
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2004
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen (thawed) cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- Large pinch of ground allspice
- Large pinch of coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 3/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
Bring berries, sugar, and 1 cup water to a simmer in a covered medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until berries are soft, about 10 minutes. Pass through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids to make a puree.
Bring 1/2 cup water, the garlic, ginger, vinegar, allspice, salt, and a generous amount of pepper to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
Pour vinegar mixture into a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin on top; stir until dissolved. Stir mixture into berry puree.
Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 1 week.