Under 30 Minutes
Grilled Bok Choy
Baby bok choy is more tender than the regular size. Look for heads with firm white stalks and crisp green leaves.
- 4 heads baby bok choy (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato-based chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Heat grill to low. Trim large leaves from baby bok choy; halve heads lengthwise. Rinse well under cold water to remove grit.
In a large bowl, whisk together white-wine vinegar, tomato-based chili sauce, light-brown sugar, and vegetable oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Add bok choy; toss to coat. Remove from bowl, reserving sauce.
Place bok choy, cut sides down, on grill; cover, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Serve bok choy drizzled with reserved sauce.