Quick Vegetable Soup
Warm up on a winter day with a homemade soup that you can make in 20 minutes.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 2
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2006
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 cup ditalini, (or other short tubular pasta)
- 5 ounces frozen cauliflower, (half a 10-ounce package)
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add garlic and cook, stirring until fragrant, 1 minute. Add tomatoes with juice and 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Add pasta and boil 5 minutes; stir in cauliflower, zucchini, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve.