Pasta with Roasted Vegetables and Arugula
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January 2010
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 shallots, cut into eighths
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1/3 cup pitted olives, such as Nicoise, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups baby arugula or spinach
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place tomatoes, garlic, shallots, and thyme on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tomatoes burst, shallots are browned, and garlic is soft, 20 to 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water; drain pasta and return to pot.
Peel roasted garlic and mash with the flat side of a chef's knife. Add to pasta pot, along with vegetables, olives, and pasta water. Cook over medium-high until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Let cool slightly, then toss with arugula.