Roasted Harvest Vegetables
Hearty and satisfying, these root veggies stand up to roasted meats and are a great side for big holiday meals (but are just as easy to whip up for a healthy weeknight dinner, too).
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
- 4 carrots (about 3/4 pound), peeled, halved lengthwise and crosswise, thick pieces halved again
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 pound total), peeled and cut into 3-by-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds), peeled, seeded, and cut into 3-by-1/2-inch pieces
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Divide carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, and garlic between two rimmed baking sheets. Toss each batch with 1 tablespoon oil, and season with salt and pepper.
Roast until vegetables are tender and starting to brown, 25 to 35 minutes, rotating sheets from top to bottom halfway through. Peel roasted garlic, return to vegetables, and serve.