Heirloom Tomato Salad with Garlic Oil
This side requires little work. Serve with our Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Mustard.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2009
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 small garlic cloves, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes (any combination), halved, or quartered if large
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 bunch chives, cut into 1-inch pieces (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, leaves torn if large
Heat oil and garlic in a small saute pan over medium-low heat. Cook until garlic is golden, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, and let cool for 10 minutes.
Arrange tomatoes on a serving platter, and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the garlic oil, and sprinkle with chives and basil just before serving.