Plum Oatmeal Crisp
Irresistible desserts don't need a mile-long ingredient list or an elaborate prep -- and this tempting crisp proves it.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, September 2008
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 1/2 pounds ripe plums (about 8), cut into 1-inch pieces
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, stir together 1/2 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, oats, and salt. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until coarse crumbs form.
In a shallow 2-quart baking dish, toss plums with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon flour; sprinkle with oat topping. Place dish on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until topping is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes before serving.