Apple-Cinnamon Bundt Cake
If you like, coat your Bundt pan with cooking spray just before filling it with the batter to ensure that the cake will release easily from the pan.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the cake: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and eggs. Whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk in dry ingredients just until combined (do not overmix). Using a rubber spatula, fold in apples. Spoon batter into a 12-cup nonstick Bundt pan, and smooth top. Bake until a tester inserted in cake comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes; invert onto rack to cool completely.
Make the Glaze: Whisk together confectioners' sugar and enough water to form a thick yet pourable glaze. Set rack with cake over a piece of wax paper (for easy cleanup); drizzle cake with glaze, and let set before serving.