Rose Gray and Ruth Rogers's Salsa Verde
This recipe has been adapted from "The Cafe Cook Book" by Rose Gray and Ruth Rogers (Broadway Books, New York; Copyright 1998). Reprinted by permission of Broadway Books, New York.
- Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley leaves, picked
- 1 bunch basil leaves, picked
- 1 small bunch mint leaves, picked
- 1/3 cup salted capers, washed and covered in white-wine vinegar
- 6 anchovy fillets, washed and covered in olive oil
- 1 heaping teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Place herbs on cutting board. Using a mezzaluna or large chef's knife, roughly chop herbs. Place in large bowl. Roughly chop capers and anchovies together, and add to bowl with herbs. Add mustard and vinegar. Drizzle in olive oil. Season with pepper. Mix to combine. Serve with salt-baked salmon.