Chicken Satay with Peanut-Chutney Sauce
You will need twelve metal or wooden skewers for this dish; soak wooden skewers thoroughly in water before using to prevent them from scorching on the grill.
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter, preferably natural
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut across the grain into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Make sauce: In a blender, combine peanut butter, chutney, lime juice, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, garlic, pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 cup water; blend until smooth. Set aside.
Thread each chicken piece onto a skewer (fold the pieces slightly as you work so the skewers go in and out of the meat). Place skewered chicken in a shallow dish; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle oil and remaining tablespoon soy sauce over chicken; turn to coat.
Heat grill to high; lightly oil grates. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter; garnish with cilantro, if desired. Serve with chutney sauce.