Under 30 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 bag (12 ounces) fresh cranberries, rinsed and picked over
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-low. Add shallots and ginger; cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are softened, about 5 minutes.
Add cranberries, sugar, vinegar, and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, until most of the berries have burst and mixture has thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper. Let cool completely. Serve at room temperature or chilled.