Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2010
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups large unsweetened coconut flakes
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Whisk together maple syrup, sugar, oil, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add oats, pecans, and coconut, and toss well to coat.
Spread granola mixture on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring every 20 minutes, until golden brown, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool completely on sheet.