Lemon Curd for Cream Puffs
Use this recipe to make our Cream Puffs with Lemon Mousse and Blueberry Sauce.
- Yield: Makes about 3/4 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2009
- 1 large egg, plus 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Whisk together egg, yolks, sugar, lemon zest and juice, and salt. Bring to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly. Cook until mixture is thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl. Whisk in butter. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of lemon curd, and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour or up to overnight.