Carrot, Apple, and Fennel Slaw
This variation on coleslaw includes carrots but replaces cabbage with fennel and Granny Smith apple matchsticks, tossed in a tarragon-flavored dressing.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Lisa Hubbard
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2000
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped tarragon
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 3-by-1/4-inch matchsticks
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 3-by-1/4-inch matchsticks
- 1 Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
Place the yogurt, white-wine vinegar, celery seeds, salt, and tarragon in a small bowl, and whisk to combine; set aside.
Place the carrot and fennel matchsticks and apple wedges in a medium bowl. Add the reserved yogurt dressing, and toss to combine. Serve.