Carrot, Apple, and Fennel Slaw
Per serving: 90 calories, 1 g fat, 1 mg cholesterol, 19 g carbs, 194 mg sodium, 3 g protein, 6 g fiber
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped tarragon
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 3-by-1/4-inch matchsticks
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 3-by-1/4-inch matchsticks
- 1 Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
Place the yogurt, white-wine vinegar, celery seeds, salt, and tarragon in a small bowl, and whisk to combine; set aside.
Place the carrot and fennel matchsticks and apple wedges in a medium bowl. Add the reserved yogurt dressing, and toss to combine. Serve.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, November 2000