This is a scrumptious appetizer for a weekend dinner.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2006
- 8 slices (1/4 inch thick) baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 jar (6 1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make crostini: Brush baguette slices on both sides with a total of 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet, and bake, turning over once, until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool.
Meanwhile, make topping: Finely chop artichokes, and combine in a bowl with Parmesan, parsley, and remaining tablespoon oil.
Dividing evenly, spoon topping onto crostini, and garnish with additional Parmesan, if desired.