Under 30 Minutes
Broken Noodles with Tomato Sauce and Ricotta
For the fastest pasta, cut to the chase: Cook pappardelle in the tomato sauce. Finish with ricotta and basil.
- 4 cups homemade or store-bought marinara sauce
- 1 package (9 ounces) pappardelle (wide pasta), broken into large pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
In a large saucepan, bring sauce and 2 cups water to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Add noodles, and simmer, stirring frequently, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Season with salt. Serve with a dollop of ricotta, basil, and pepper.
SourceEveryday Food, March 2009