Herb Toasts and Tomato Salad
This variation of bruschetta uses roasted garlic.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, oregano, or marjoram
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 slices (1/4 inch thick) rustic bread cut on the diagonal
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes (each about 9 ounces), coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine herbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, the oil, and roasted garlic, mashing garlic with the back of a fork.
Arrange bread in a single layer on baking sheets. Brush some of the herb mixture on tops. Bake until edges begin to brown, about 8 minutes.
Toss tomatoes with remaining herb mixture, salt, and pepper. Serve toasts topped with tomato salad.