Tomato, Basil, and White-Bean Salad
Summery white-bean salad with tomatoes and basil stands in for more predictable side dishes.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2007
- 2 cans (19 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound small roma (plum) tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
Combine beans, tomatoes, basil, and salt in a bowl, and season with pepper.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Pour over bean mixture, and gently toss. Let stand 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld. Salad can be covered and kept at room temperature up to 4 hours.