Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Walnuts
To separate brussels sprout leaves, cut the stem from each sprout and ease apart the layers.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2007
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed, leaves separated, cores discarded
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat until butter has melted. Add brussels sprout leaves; cook, stirring often, until bright green and just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in walnuts and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.