Spice-Rubbed Turkey Breast with Roasted Carrots
The turkey in this delicious meal is rubbed with oil, then sprinkled with cinnamon and cumin.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January 2008
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small boneless, skinless turkey breast half (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss carrots, garlic, and 1 tablespoon oil; push to sides. Place turkey in center; rub with 1 tablespoon oil, and sprinkle with cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon cumin. Season with salt and pepper.
Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of turkey registers 165 degrees, 30 to 35 minutes, tossing carrots halfway through. Let turkey rest 10 minutes; thinly slice crosswise.
In a small bowl, mix yogurt, lime juice, and teaspoon cumin; season with salt and pepper. Serve turkey and carrots with sauce.