Under 30 Minutes
Pan-Seared Chicken with Shallot and Carrots
- 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
Season chicken with salt and pepper; sprinkle both sides with flour.
Heat a medium skillet over medium-low. Place chicken, skin side down, in skillet, and cook (without turning) until skin is browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
Turn chicken over, and push to one side of skillet. Add shallot and carrots to other side of skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing vegetables occasionally, until chicken is opaque throughout and vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer chicken and vegetables to a plate; sprinkle vegetables with parsley, if desired.