Spaghetti with Tuna, Lemon, and Breadcrumbs
This flavorful pasta dish gets a protein boost from the tuna and added nutritional benefits from parsley and olives.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January 2009
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons slivered Kalamata olives
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) chunk light tuna in water, drained
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse bread and 1 teaspoon oil until coarse crumbs form. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden, tossing occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes.
Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta, and return to pot. Add lemon zest and juice, parsley, olives, and 1 tablespoon oil; toss, adding enough pasta water to coat. Add tuna; toss gently. Serve sprinkled with breadcrumbs.