Romaine Hearts with Goat Cheese Dressing
This dish is inspired by the classic wedge salad; the goat cheese gives the creamy dressing dressing body, but with less fat.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2009
- 2 slices bacon, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce, halved lengthwise
In a skillet, cook bacon over medium, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
In a bowl, whisk together cheese, milk, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle romaine with dressing, and top with bacon.