Broiled Shrimp Scampi
This is a great way to cook with less oil. A broiler heats from the top, so you need very little oil to prevent food from sticking to the cooking surface.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2006
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on, patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Heat broiler with rack set 4 inches from heat. Place shrimp on a large broilerproof rimmed baking sheet.
Sprinkle with oil and garlic, and season generously with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Arrange shrimp in a single layer.
Broil until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice and parsley; toss to combine. Serve immediately; garnish with lemon wedges.