Baked Potato Bar
This easy-to-assemble family-friendly bar is filled with four flavor combinations.
- 4 baking potatoes (8 ounces each), scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, torn into small pieces
- 2 to 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled soft goat cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup store-bought salsa
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni (1 cup)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen leaf spinach, thawed, squeezed dry, and roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick potatoes all over with a fork, and rub them with oil. Place potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until easily pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 50 to 60 minutes.
Cut a deep cross in each potato; push ends together to open. Season with salt and pepper; add desired toppings.
SourceEveryday Food, September 2007