Turkey Sausage with Peppers and Onions
Vegetables, which vary widely in their protein content, are valuable for bringing fiber to protein centered meals. Turkey sausage is combined with sweet, vitamin C-rich Cubanelle peppers.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Dana Gallagher
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2004
- 5 medium Cubanelle peppers (also called Italian frying peppers), seeded and cut into 1-inch-thick strips
- 2 large red onions, each cut into 6 wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound hot turkey sausages, cut on the diagonal into 2-inch pieces
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Gently toss peppers, onions, garlic, oregano, oil, and sausages in a large bowl. Transfer to an 11-by-17-inch rimmed baking sheet. Bake, gently tossing about halfway through, until sausages are cooked through and vegetables are tender, 50 to 55 minutes.