Boston Lettuce with Shaved Parmesan
Sometimes the best salad is the simplest one -- this dish features buttery Boston lettuce, shaved Parmesan, and a classic vinaigrette.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, September 2005
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds (4 heads) Boston lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 cup shaved (2 ounces) Parmesan cheese
In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake vinegar, mustard, and oil until combined and thickened; season with salt and pepper. (Dressing can be made ahead and refrigerated, covered, until ready to serve.)
In a large bowl, combine lettuce with dressing and 3/4 cup cheese; toss gently to coat. Divide among plates, and top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Serve immediately.