Ginger Pumpkin Bread
The ginger and pumpkin flavors blend together nicely in this sweet dessert bread.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 12
Source: Everyday Food, October 2006
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted, plus room-temperature butter for pan
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (1 3/4 cups)
- 3 large eggs
- Sugar Glaze for Ginger Pumpkin Bread
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter and flour two 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch (6-cup) loaf pans (see note, below); set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugars, pumpkin, melted butter, and eggs; add flour mixture, and stir until just combined.
Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of loaves comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes; invert pans and transfer loaves to a wire rack to cool completely. Glaze, if desired.