Mini Lobster Rolls
Lobster rolls always hit the spot, and this version is especially enjoyable in halved hot dog buns.
- Servings: 16
- Yield: Makes 16
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2009
- 3 1/2 cups cooked lobster meat (from 4 boiled 1-pound lobsters), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, (optional)
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) salted butter
- 8 top-split hot dog buns (1 package), halved crosswise
Combine lobster, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives, salt, and Old Bay, and cayenne if desired, in a small bowl.
Heat butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, toast buns until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side, transferring to a paper-towel-lined plate as you work. Fill each bun with 1/4 cup lobster salad.