Ian Young's Cream Cheese Frosting
Top Sweet Zucchini Cupcakes with this frosting, submitted by reader Ian Young of Oakland, California.
- Yield: Makes enough for 12 cupcakes
Source: Everyday Food, May 2007
- 4 tablespoons room-temperature unsalted butter
- 4 ounces room-temperature bar cream cheese
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract; beat until light and fluffy. Refrigerate until ready to use, up to 1 day.