These mile-high healthy tostadas made with shredded chicken are piled with produce; they sport a big helping of corn, peppers, and onions, plus a fresh tomato salsa.
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup prepared fresh salsa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Cilantro-Lime Rice, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. On foil, combine onions, bell peppers, corn, 1/4 cup salsa, and 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper.
Roast, tossing occasionally, until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Add chicken, stir to combine, and continue to roast until warmed through, 5 minutes more. Transfer chicken and vegetable mixture to a serving bowl, discarding foil (reserve sheet).
Arrange tortillas on sheet. Dividing evenly, brush with remaining tablespoon oil; top with cheese. Bake until edges are golden and cheese is melted, 5 to 8 minutes.
Dividing evenly, top tortillas with chicken-vegetable mixture and remaining 3/4 cup salsa. Serve with cilantro-lime rice, if desired.