Salsa Verde for Poached Chicken Breast
Serve this flavorful salsa with poached chicken.
- Yield: Makes about 1 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2008
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 2 1/4 cups fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
Whisk together oil, anchovies, capers, mustard, and salt. Stir in shallot-vinegar mixture, then add the herbs. Season with salt. Serve immediately.