Sparkling Cider and Cara Cara Orange Punch
For a special touch, garnish this punch, made with sparkling cider and fresh-squeezed juice, with candied oranges.
- Servings: 12
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2008
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon wedge
- 6 cups freshly squeezed Cara Cara orange juice (from about 14 oranges), or substitute regular oranges
- 2 bottles nonalcoholic sparkling cider, chilled
- 1 cup Calvados (optional)
- Candied Citrus Peels, omitting final sugaring for garnish
Grind ginger to a fine powder in a spice grinder, then mix with sugar in a shallow dish. Rub lemon wedge on rims of 12 glasses, then dip rims in ginger-sugar mixture.
Mix orange juice and cider, and Calvados if using, in a large punch bowl. Serve with ice, and garnish with candied citrus.