Roasted Plums and Rum Raisins
Late-season plums are easily halved, topped with rum-soaked raisins, and then roasted in their juices. They make a compelling dessert, whether served alone or embellished with crisp German-style waffle cookies and a dollop of cream.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 2008
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 6 to 8 black plums, peeled, halved, and pitted
- 1/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche (or substitute whipped cream or ice cream)
- 1 package German-style waffle cookies
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Soak raisins in rum until plump, at least 10 minutes.
Place plum halves, cut side up, on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle each with sugar and cinnamon, and top with raisins and rum. Roast until golden and bubbling, 15 to 18 minutes.
Divide among bowls, and top with creme fraiche. Serve with cookies.