This dinner is popular with the kids and is great served for Super Bowl Sunday.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2009
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound ground beef sirloin
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 16 party-size potato rolls
Heat oil over medium in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes.
Add beef, and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 4 to 5 minutes. Add tomato puree, mustard powder, sugar, and vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. (To store, refrigerate, up to 2 days.) Serve warm on rolls.