Roasted Parsnip, Celery Heart, and Apple Salad
Celery hearts are the tender, pale-green inner stalks in a celery bunch.
- Servings: 6
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2007
- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips (12 to 16), peeled, trimmed, and halved lengthwise (quartered if large)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch celery hearts, cut diagonally into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup celery leaves
- 1 green apple, such as Granny Smith, cored, halved, and cut into 1/8-inch-thick wedges
- Hazelnut Vinaigrette
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, toss parsnips with oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread parsnips in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until golden brown and tender, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly on a wire rack.
Divide parsnips among 6 serving plates. Place celery hearts and leaves, apple, and vinaigrette in a large nonreactive bowl; season with salt and pepper. Toss until well combined and arrange on top of parsnips.